Gratiot Animal Hospital is a full-service wellness practice as well as a diagnostic & surgery center.
Each pet has its own unique lifestyle, so we tailor comprehensive wellness programs to their individual needs. We also provide routine surgical and dental procedures, cardiology, the latest and safest anesthetics and delivery systems with pulse oximetry anesthesia monitoring equipment, and an in-house diagnostic laboratory for rapid test results.
As in human medicine, veterinary medicine is experiencing rapid advances in technology. Many of these, however, require specialized equipment and expertise. Through our association with the College of Veterinary Medicine at Michigan State University, Blue Pearl Veterinary Partners, the Animal Surgical Center of Michigan and other specialty hospitals, we are able to offer referrals for diagnostics, surgeries and other therapies that are currently not available at our facility.
Below is a partial listing of what we offer:
- Comprehensive annual wellness programs including examinations, immunizations, nutritional counseling and laboratory testing as needed
- Canine, feline, pocket pet and basic avian care
- In-house diagnostic laboratory testing including hematology (CBC), serum chemistry studies, thyroid, cytology (cell studies), parasitology, urinalysis and others
- In-house testing for several diseases including canine and feline heartworm, tick borne diseases such as Lyme Disease, parvovirus, giardia, feline leukemia virus (FeLV) and feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV)
- Non-invasive blood pressure testing
- Applanation tonometry (glaucoma testing)
- Internal and external parasite control, including Heartgard Plus®, Sentinel®, Frontline Gold®, Bravecto® , Simparica® and others.
- Diagnostic imaging performed in-house including digital radiology (X-Ray) and ultrasounds
- Allergy testing and immunotherapy for chronic allergy sufferers
- Comprehensive surgical services including routine spays and neuters, declaws, oncologic (cancer) surgery, select plastic surgeries and ophthalmic (eye) surgery, dental and oral surgery including extractions, genitourinary surgery and a wide range of other procedures
- Integrated pain management
- Routine dental care including prophylaxis (cleaning), polishing and fluoride treatment, and, when necessary, extractions
- Comprehensive geriatric care for your pet’s ‘golden years’
- Home Again® Identification System to provide a permanent form of identification for your pet
- Travel health certificates, both interstate and international, for when you just can’t leave home without them
- Behavioral consultation, counseling and, when necessary, medical intervention
- Pet food supplies and premium nutrition products available, including Science Diet®, Hill's Prescription Diets®, Royal Canin Veterinary Diets® and Purina Veterinary Diets®
- Pharmaceuticals are available in-house so your pet will have its medications when needed
- Class IV Laser Therapy (Companion Therapy Laser) for arthritis and other inflammatory conditions